Sunday, October 12, 2008

Life with Core

Back to work means less online time because I don' t have sanctioned internet access at work. I only have work internet access at work and, being the middle child that I am, I only use it for work. Well, I did look up the dentist's phone number online one day when I couldn't find it in my phone, but no blogging.

I like Core. I do. It's healthy, it's easy-ish, it's a nice change. That being said. I am not comfortable with Core. I like my points range. I like counting. I love a journal. It's weird to write "I ate carrots and celery until I was just satisfied, not uncomfortably full." It doesn't work for me. So I don't journal and I miss that.

I should admit upfront that I have a problem with journals and pens. A very serious addiction. I search high and low for the perfect pen. The perfect, fine point blue ink pen and the perfect, fine point black ink pen. I have hundreds of pens, which were promising at first, maybe because of the case, but turned out to not write correctly. I have favorites that are utilitarian but not pretty that I fall back on. It's a never ending journey.

I also love journals. Spiral bound with pretty covers. Or funny covers. I've tried the WW type, with the lines and all the HG's printed on to check off. And I do like those features, but the covers leave a lot to be desired. And sometimes the quality of the paper isn't compatible with the pen Du Jour. I hate when the ink feathers or splotches. And I'm not a fan of wide ruled. I prefer college ruled. But I have been lured into buying a wide ruled journal with a pretty cover. And I try to like it, but I never do.

Unhealthy obsession to stationery supplies aside, another problem I have with Core is fat free cheese. I hate fat free dairy. It's not yummy. The cheese does not melt properly. It's not good. I don't mind low fat. It's still got some ability to melt properly and doesn't taste bad or of plastic. I can't bring myself to use fat free dairy.

I also do not use artificial sweeteners. I do not think that they are particularly healthy. That is just my personal opinion. I think in moderation, real sugar is healthier. So I also won't use artificial sweeteners.

Because fat free dairy and artificial sweeteners are staples of the Core way of life, what I do cannot be call Core. Also, I want something to track in my journal. So, I will do something closer to Flore, a mixture of the Core principals while counting points. Healthy, whole foods, with low fat dairy, and real sugar as needed.

Now, off to buy a new pen(s) and journal(s)!

No comments: